Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes at an auto body shop during the repair process?
There’s a lot more involved than you might think. Relax, Orange County Collision Centers has a repair process to return your vehicle to its original condition using high quality product resources and technical support. Below is an overview of the basic repair process. Now you don’t have to wonder any longer.
Before any work is done on your vehicle, Orange County Collision Centers will:
• Perform a thorough damage assessment
• Examine the critical safety systems of your vehicle
• Explain/advise you on all repair details and answer any questions
• Gain your commitment for repair
• Guide you through your insurance company claims process (if applicable)
The shop will perform the following to get your vehicle ready for repair:
• Wash the repair area and surrounding area
• Complete any disassembly needed
• Remove emblems
• Solvent-clean the repair area
Your vehicle will then be prepared for refinishing by completing the following:
• Removing the original layers of paint
• Straightening the frame and welding the new panels in place
• Removing dents, sanding and filling with body-repair material
• Taking steps to protect against corrosion
Now preparations begin for applying the color coat and clear coat:
• Vehicle is covered to protect from materials used on repair area
• A primer surfacer is applied to guarantee good adhesion of paint
• Once surfacer hardens, it is sanded and cleaned for a smooth finish
• Paint is mixed using industry-leading digital and conventional color tools to match the exact color of your vehicle
• Color coat is applied to your vehicle
• Finally, a clear coat is applied to ensure the gloss and texture of the repaired areas are identical in every way to the original finish
The final steps before your vehicle is ready to be returned to you:
• Once the finish is approved, final trim pieces are installed
• Interior is vacuumed
• Exterior is washed
• Vehicle is inspected to ensure your satisfaction
Your vehicle is ready to be back on the road with its owner:
• Be safe!
Hopefully you will never need us again, but if you do, remember your experience with Orange County Collision Centers.